In October 2020, we approved 8 new grants:
- CORE Coalition
- The UK civil society coalition on corporate accountability.
- Grant: £20,000 for one year, to invest in organisational development.
- Independent think tank.
- Grant: £30,000 for one year, to research business views on taxation.
- Korea Future Initiative
- Human rights charity focused on North Korea.
- Grant: £17,000 x 3 years, to invest in fundraising.
- The Lotus Flower
- Supporting women and girls in refugee camps in Iraq.
- Grant: £30,000 x 3 years, to invest in organisational development.
- Open Democracy
- Independent global media organisation.
- Grant: £30,000 for one year, for investigative journalism in the post Soviet space, linked to the UK.
- Prisoners of Conscience
- Financial support to prisoners of conscience and their families.
- Grant: £30,000 for one year, to invest in fundraising.
- Spotlight on Corruption
- UK anti-corruption charity.
- Grant: £10,000 for four months, to scope a campaign on integrity in public life.
- Trade Justice Movement
- UK coalition focused on trade rules that work for people and planet.
- Grant: £28,037 for one year, to work on new UK trade deals.
We’re delighted to be making these grants. We think they represent the best of Global Britain, as an active global citizen that stands up for human rights, ethics and integrity.
Now we are on the brink of Brexit, there’s a chance to go further. We hope that Britain will become a stronger champion for international co-operation to tackle poverty and injustice around the world. And that we will become a hostile environment for dirty money.
In all the uncertainty of these times, the next chapter in our national story is being written. We’re proud to support those who are working for the best of Britain.